Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spiritual Desert...


Lately I have been feeling a certain dryness when it comes to my spiritual walk. I realize that I am not enjoying going to church, I merely go for the social aspect. I am distracted by my son when I do go. (Is it time to take him to child care?? AHH!) I hang out with some of my friends and don't feel uplifted at times. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends but I don't have many relationships that I feel are helping to sharpen me. I can count two people in my life (outside of my husband) that I can be completely open with and I respect spiritually.
So today I shared my heart with that person and felt like I was able to resolve some of my junk. My prayer life is wonderful... trust me, when you spend all day with a 5 month old you need to talk to someone... Jesus comes in handy at all times! So as a result of that I am, along with this person, going to start reading On The Other Side of The Garden by Virginia Ruth Fugate. I have read this book once before and man oh man, this book is amazing. I am hoping that as a result of this my spiritual life will be a beautiful green valley once again.
Please pray for me. Pray that I will find women in my life to help sharpen me and vice versa. oh how I long for the day when I can be surrounded by those amaazing women again, Lord, bring me those women.

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

Hey Lindsey. I have the same prayer...it's tough not having a church to anchor at yet, and I'm really craving some female interaction! I've heard of that book before...perhaps it's time I pick it up and read it! Thanks for the recommend...and I'm praying for you! :)