Thursday, September 04, 2008

Took a little break...


Well, it's been a few weeks since I put a blog up and my only excuse is pure distraction! In the past two weeks a lot has happened. First of all, I was completely consumed by the Beijing Olympics. This is the only time I get to enjoy water polo. And I get so proud when I see a fellow Indio Alum coaching the women's water polo team. They got the silver but put up a huge fight when playing against the Netherlands. My poor boys lost against Hungary, but what was amazing about the mens USA team was that they were counted out of the entire competition. But like the Cinderella's of water polo that they are, they surprised everyone and almost made it to the top. They, as did the ladies, took home a silver. Of course everyone was amazed by the machine the is Michael Phelps. As a former swimmer I was completely blown away by what that man accomplished. Who knows if anyone will ever be able to match what he has done. I was so excited to witness history in the making. Honorable mention goes out to Nastia Lukin and Shawn Johnson (I want to carry her around in my pocket!) They made gymnastics a fun sport to watch this year and had such great personalities.
So moving on from that... I have recently found an ongoing "gig" so to say with our women's ministry doing the photography for their events. I am in a leadership position so I get to bring other women around me, who have a passion for photography, serve underneath this area. Another goal is to bring some younger women into this ministry and our new women's directors heart is to bridge the gap between the older and younger women. Above is a picture of the kick off weekend. It was a great turn out and I really hope more women join the events and programs that are happening in the upcoming year.

In other news, Kirk starts school in a week, so be praying for him. It's a lot of work and he will be gone quite a bit. Pray that he is able to balance his work as well as his school work. Pray that I will be extra encouraging to him during this time and that I will not be too selfish with my time with him. I tend to get that way when I know he won't be home as much. I will be starting a women's bible study on Tuesday mornings, not leading, just attending, and I'm really excited for it. Preparations for Elijah's 1st birthday have already started. I can not believe that he is almost a year old.
Well, that's all the update I have for now, I will be back soon. Oh yes, I will. :):)

No comments: