Friday, January 02, 2009

Late Eve Blog


It's late and I can't seem to sleep, so I figured, hey, I haven't written a blog in awhile and I always make an excuse that I don't have time to write, so here it goes.
I figured if I want to become a real blogger one day, I might as well start the annual tradition of a "reflection" blog. So, here it goes:
2008 highlights (in no particular order):
~ Celebrated Elijah's 1st birthday
~ Had very first getaway with my husband. Julian is quickly becoming our favorite romantic hideaway.
~ Started a photography ministry within our Women's Ministry.
~ Went to an amazing Beth Moore conference in San Diego.
~ Joined women's bible study.
~ Started a bible study with some friends.
~ Bought our very first Christmas tree and celebrated in our very own home.
I know I'm missing a lot, but my mind is starting to become mush. It's waaaaaay past my bed time.
Looking forward to 2009:
~ As usual I hope to grow closer in my relationship with the Lord.
~ Continue to learn more about my amazing husband.
~ Get in shape again, I can no longer use the excuse of just having a baby, now it just becomes laziness.
~ Learn more recipes. I love cooking.
~ Become an amazing mom, I have a great example so if I can be half the mother I have I know Elijah will turn out just fine.
~ Grow deeper in my friendship, no more surface-y relationships.
~ Lay my roots down in women's ministry, it's an amazing place to serve and am blessed to be involved.
I pray that you all have an amazing year to look forward to, and whatever resolutions, promises and hopes you have, I pray you keep them and experience the blessings the Lord truly has to offer you.

1 comment:

Miles Vincent Grimes said...

that's great lindsay! i like your blog!

my mom and sister went to that beth moore conference down in SD and LOVED it! that's so great.