Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Missing my blog: Part two


summer said...
Writers block hmmmm.... I guess I would like to hear about you. The reason I read blog's and twitter is to learn about the heart of the person. What is important to them, what was thought provoking during the day, what inspired them, what experiences life brings both good and bad. real Authenticity, no fluff just heart. Thats what I like to read, however you know I am about authenticity right now anyhow. Have fun :)

Well, this past week Elijah and I went up north to visit my mom and step dad while Kirk attended a worship conference in Austin, Texas. We were there for about 10 days and had such a wonderful time visiting with them and meeting their friends. It's about time, they've only been there for a year and a half! Anyway, this week I realized how much I love my husband and hate for him to be away. Kirk and I have not been apart for extended periods of time since Elijah has been born and let me tell you, I have such an appreciation for single mother's. Or fathers for that matter. Being on your own taking care of your child is a lot harder than it sounds. And even though we were at the grandparents home, they were working all week, so there was no relief until maybe the next morning. I know how blessed and spoiled I am to have my husband come home for lunch almost every day and play with Elijah during the short time he is home, allowing me to get some work done or just rest. Although I recognize it, I underestimate the amount of help and relief is given during that short time. So to all of you parents who are on your own, I give you mad props because you are amazing people for being able to do what you do.
Now, my beautiful, wonderful son grew up so much in these short 10 days of being away from home. He had already begun to start crawling a little bit, but it was more like two quick strides and then onto his bottom. While we were gone he went from one end of the house to the other, and quick too! He just became so independent in such a short amount of time, my little boy is growing up. He also cut a tooth. It's the bottom front right tooth and when he smiles real big you can see the tip of it shining. And after a very long nine months of going back and forth from room to room in the middle of the night as well as going back and forth trying to decide whether we should let him cry, Elijah started to sleep through the night! From 7:30pm to 6:30am my baby is sound asleep. No tricks, no special sleeping patterns, he decided he was tired of waking up and just stayed asleep. And to top it off, I can give him a bottle and he will sleep for another 1-2 hours. Praise The Lord!!!
Finally on Friday, one week after Elijah and I arrived, Kirky joined us in Discovery Bay and all was complete and right in the world again. I missed him so much and even my mom said,"As much as we love you, and are excited to see you, things just aren't complete with out Kirk here." How cool is that?! My mom and Mike are used to having just me in the house because it was just us for 11 years. But Kirk completes me so much and connects to my family so well that not even my parents feel right when he's not there. I love that!!
Saturday Mom and Mike threw a party for Elijah... and his parents... so that all of they're friends could meet him and love on him. It was so nice being able to spend time with these people who have become their family in a new place. We ate, we drank, we were merry. :)
It's so great to be home now and see Elijah scurry around his home and explore all the little things that he shouldn't be getting into. He has already learned how to climb the stairs, with no assistance, but very, very close supervision. He is pulling himself up in his crib and I swear he is almost ready to jump out of that thing. All that to say, I am glad to be home, I miss my mom and Mike, but I'm glad to be home.
Oh and the featured photos are some shots I took at a Catholic church (more to come) and while Mike and I were on the bike in pursuit of t=some quick shots before the sun went down. i hope you enjoy them.
Remember all of my photos can be viewed on my Flickr page any time you would like to see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey glad your back blogging. I added you to my blog roll hope you don't mind. Updates are always great, and your little guy is soooo cute, and he looks just like you ;)He He